The Gulfport Merchant’s Chamber (GMC) believes in giving back to the local community. Gecko World grants will be awarded to local organizations within the city of Gulfport or with programs that benefit the community of Gulfport.
Before applying, please note:
· The application deadline for the 2023 cycle is March 31, 2023.
· Organizations must be described as one of the following:
o An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code;
o A recognized local government entity: including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes;
o A local public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or
o An organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large.
· Applications must be completed in full and submitted in writing to be considered.
· Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
· The GMC Board reserves the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
1. Potential grantees should be nonprofit organizations with programs that benefit the Gulfport area.
2. Organizations who can provide volunteers and media promotion for Gecko World events (Gecko Crawl, Gecko Ball, and Gecko Fest) will be considered first.
3. An employee, board member, or official representative of the organization needs to be available to volunteer at the Gecko Ball in August.
· The Gulfport Merchant’s Chamber Board of Directors will review and make initial funding decisions on all submitted requests.
· Applications are typically reviewed within 90 days of the submission date, and organizations will be notified of decisions via email after April 15, 2023. All funding decisions are final.
· If an organization is approved, grant checks will be awarded at a public recognition event in Fall 2023 (date/location to be determined).
· Individuals (requests made solely for the benefit of one person or family)
· Nationally-sponsored organizations
· Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status
· Organizations whose services do not benefit the community at large
· Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
· Projects that send products or people for relief efforts to a foreign country
· Religious Organizations
The GMC is committed to making our website and the pages, forms, and documents it contains accessible to all users, including those with disabilities. The documents on the website are currently under remediation while we work to meet new ADA requirements. The content on our website may be limited at times to those documents that comply with these new ADA standards. If you have any questions about obtaining a document or are unable to find a resource online, please email us.